Royal Spanish Lifesaving Federation (RFESS) organizes the third edition of the International Congress on Drowning Prevention (CIPREA).
This event is a biennial opportunity to bring together the main experts, research, systems and information on drowning prevention, rescue, lifesaving, water safety and lifesaving sport.
CIPREA 2021, in the city of Córdoba, also gives us the opportunity to report on the progress in the response to avoid drowning. For this reason, the Federation is requesting abstracts from researchers and experts in the nine thematic areas that the Congress is structured.
These themes reflect the challenges to reduce drowning at the regional, national and global levels. The Congress will focus on water activities from the perspective of the following areas:
- Swimming and Water Safety Education
- Disaster and Impacts of Climate Change
- Migrants and Refugees
CIPREA 2021 Organizing Committee would like your event experience and your congress presentation to be successful and enjoyable. In order to help your presentation run smoothly and to adress meany of the logistical questions you may have, this information package has been developed detailing:
- Format and timing for presentations
- Congress program
- PowerPoint presentations
- Presenter logistics
- Poster guidelines
- Marketing and media
IMPORTANT: FOLLOWING GUIDELINES
Presenters are assumed to have read the Information Guide and be willing and able to provide the requiered presentations items before July 15th, 2021. Presenters who fail to submit their required items by the due date risk being removed from the program at the discretion of the Congress organizing Committee.
1. Format and timing for presentations
3 minutes Q&A
2 minutes Q&A
Exposure during all Congress
Please, ensure that you keep to time. If you exceed your allotted presentation time, you will be required stop your presentation immediately.
Presentations are run in parallel sessions and it is critical that they start and finish simultaneously in order to delegates can attend each room because of their needs.
You will be reminded at the beginning your presentation of how much time you have.
IMPORTANT: ADJUST THE PRESENTATION TIME
It is important to ensure ALL speakerss are given a fair opportunity to present their work. Additionally, it is of the utmost importance that the audience gets every opportunity to attend the presentations they feel are most beneficial to their needs. Not adhering to strict time limits will prevent audience members moving between sessions and reduce the presentations times of subsequent presenters.
2. Congress program
A copy of the draft Congress program will be available on the Congress website (www.ciprea.rfess.es). It is important that presenters reviewing their presentation schedule in order to avoid mistakes.
Please note presentations may be upgraded to another format based upon program availability and space. Presenters will be advised prior to the Congress it this occurs.
The congress organizers reserve the right to change the date, time and location of your presentation if necessary.
3. Powerpoint presentations
PowerPoint should be used for all oral presentations.
Presenters will need to send their PowerPoint Presentation/s by email to the following address email@example.com before 2021 July 15th.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2017 (.ppt).
For oral presentations that wish to include embedded media/movie/audio files in their presentations, please note that, in addition to your PowerPoint presentation, you will also need to include, before Jully 15th, 2021, the media files. We recommend using WMV format for video files MPG3 or MPG4 may also be accepted.
Suggestions for PowerPoint Presentations:
- PowerPoint file should be sent in a 16:9 Widescreen format.
- The title slide should identify the presentations name, all contributing authors and their affiliation (s).
- Titles are to be no smaller than 36 points.
- Body test should be at least 24pt with 32pt as a preferred standard.
- Use a clear and standard font like Arial.
- No more than 6 to 8 words per line.
- It is advisable using no more than 8 lines per slide.
- We recommend using no more than 15 slides, including title and closing, in a 12 minutes presentation.
- Use upper/lower case text (all capital letters are too hard to read).
- If graphs/graphics are too detailed or condensed they should be converted to a more suitable format.
- Avoid using clip-art.
- Avoid clutter by using too many pictures.
- All pictures should be inserted directly in the presentation to avoid the need to charge files. Pictures should be inserted as .JPEG files to maintain quality while minimizing memory requirements.
- Be sure to check spelling and formatting.
- Test your presentation on screen for speed, timing, etc.
- Ensure there is a good contrast between background colour and text e.g. dark text on a light background.
- Avoid using colours that “vibrate” against each other (e.g. red on green).
Oral presentation considerations:
- Organization: PowerPoint presentations will be loaded onto the session room computers at 8:30 hours each day to allow for time if a problem occurs.
- PowerPoint changes: f you need to make changes to your PorwerPoint presentations after sending you will need to re-supply your full presentation a day before your presentation to check if it is correct.
- Overheads/Slides: An overhead projector and slide projector will not be available. Data projection only.
- Adapters: Presenters must supply their own output adapter to connect Mac or any other display port.
- It is your responsability to check your presentation in order to ensure that all files and link are correct.
4. Presenter logistics
Onsite Congress Registrations will commence from Friday, 2021 October 15th. We are requesting that presenters register on the morning, previosuly to opening ceremony, in order to allow time to confirm your presentation.
Secretary is open throughout the Congress to assit with logistical and or audiovisual questions you may have.
On the day of your oral presentation:
Please arrive at your presentation room well before the start the session.
There you will meet the session chair and check in with the staff member assigned to the room. Failure to arrive in time may result in your presentation being cancelled.
At 8:30 hours the oral presentation will be upload in the room sessions.
Congress presentation rooms:
There will be an audio-visual operator inconstant attendance within each presentation room.
Each room will be equipped with the following audiovisual equipment:
- Networked laptot preloaded with Microsoft PowerPoint and Windows Media Player.
- There will be no provision for presenters to connect their own laptop. This will ensure the optimum presentation environment.
Please note the following audiovisual details:
In the unlikely event of a technical problem, including power outage/black-out the audio-visual operator will attend to it. The problem will be fixed as soon as possible. While the issue is being attended to, presenters are to continue with their presentation.
The session chair will time each presentation. Please, ensure that you keep to the program timetable.
5. Poster guidelines
Each of the authors of the posters accepted for presentation at the Congress will be assigned a time of 3 minutes to make a brief oral presentation followed by 2 minutes for possible questions from the attendees.
The poster sessions will be held simultaneously with the communications sessions, and a poster chair will be present to coordinate the presentation times.
Outside these sessions, the posters will be on display throughout the event and can be visited at any time.
- Poster orientation: Vertical
- Maximum size: 850mm wide and 1200mm high (A0 poster dimensions)
Poster set up:
Vertical dividers will be used to display posters, with the appropriate fixing materials provided by the organization.
If you have any questions during Congress please make your way to the secretary. The set up and take down of the poster is solely the responsibility of the presenter.
- In preparting your poster, you should not attempt to detail your entire research, project or program.
- Present only enough data to support conclusions or to explain the relevant point (s).
- Data should be kept to a minimum in favour of diagrams and photographs. Aim for a simple message in an eye-catching manner.
- All text, photographs and diagrams should be legible at a distance 1.5 meters Titles should be 24pt minimum.
- All text must be in Spanish or English.
- Avoid long narrative paragraphs.
- Layout: arrange the poster panels for logical flow from top left to lower right of the poster.
Awards will be presented at the closing ceremony of the Congress for the Best Oral Presentation and Poster.
Members from the Congress Organizing Committee and Scientific Committee will take part in the decission of the Award Selection.
To be eligible for consideration, presentations must adhere to the following award conditions; must be presented at the III International Congress on Drowning Prevention 2021 (CIPREA 2021).
7. Marketing and media
By sending your abstract, you have confirmed that the Congress organizers may publish your abstract in the Congress Book in both hard copy and/or electronic format. Reference to yourself or your abstract may also be used within marketing material to promote the event.
Rules for the presentation of oral communications and posters
The papers submitted should be related to the different thematic areas of the program, and may contain various topics and refer to studies or theoretical proposals, as well as to practical experiences, since given the technical-professional nature that Congress also possesses, those experiences and intervention works eminently practical that are of interest, within the themes exposed in the Congress.
At least one of the authors must be registered in the Congress and no more than 2 papers signed by the same principal author will be accepted.
Of all the proposals received, Scientific Committee will select those works that stand out for their quality, interest or applicability and innovation or relevance in this professional field, for presentation at the time and place established for it, and that will be well in oral presentation format or in poster format, according to the consideration of the Committee.
For your consideration, the participants will have to send in a first moment and for their evaluation, an abstract, corresponding to a theme (no more than 300 words) in Spanish or English, that reflects the most important aspects of the research. All abstracts should include: introduction, method, results, discussion, conclusions and / or practical applications and references.
Moreover, abstracts accepted to be presented at the congress, regardless of the format (poster or oral presentation), that meet the publication conditions and receive the approval of the Scientific Committee will have a participation certificate and will be eligible for special recognition through a certificate accredited to the best communication and the best poster.
SUBMISSION ABSTRACTS (EXCEPT SPORT): until March 1, 2020
ACCEPTANCE ABSTRACTS: March 15, 2020
SUBMISSION SPORT ABSTRACTS: until March 31, 2021 NEW DATE!!!
ACCEPTANCE SPORT ABSTRACTS: April 15, 2021
REGISTER: Before May 31, 2021
FULL PAPER SUBMISSION: Until July 15, 2021
CONGRESS: 2021 October, 15th, 16th and 17th
From November 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021
General public: 150€
RFESS Licensed professionals and associates: 100€
Students and unemployed: 100€
Oral presentation/poster: 85€*
From June 1, 2021 to July 31, 2021
General public: 190€
RFESS Licensed professionals and associates: 125€
Students and unemployed: 100€
Oral presentation/poster: 85€*
From August 1, 2021
General public: 250€
RFESS Licensed professionals and associates: 175€
Students and unemployed: 130€
Registration fee includes: Access to conference, coffee break 15th, 16th and 17th and lunch on 15th and 16th.
Limited capacity, registration will be formalized in strict order of registration and payment of the established fee.
* People that have been accepted to present oral communication or poster will have to register before May 31, 2021. Only the presenter of the communication / poster can take this rate.